Mount Vernon Country Club in the foothills of Golden, Colorado is host to several Jazz events each year featuring national and international artists. The Club specializes in a Dinner/Concert format and provides concert only seating close to the stage.
* Executive Manager and Jazz Promoter, Peter Clampitt hosts the events
* Events are supported by Public Radio KUVO 89.3
* Acclaimed by Jazz Writer, Norman Provizer, featured in Down Beat Magazine and was awarded Best Jazz Series by Westword
Past performances include:
* Pianists: Kenny Barron, James Williams, Cedar Walton, Bassists Ray Brown, Christian McBride, Esperanza Spaulding,
David Williams and Ray Drummond
* Drummers: Elvin Jones, Roy Haynes, Billy Higgins and Jack DeJohnette
* Trumpeters: Eddie Henderson, Terrence Blanchard, Roy Hargrove and Tom Harrell
* Saxophonists: Stanley Turrentine, Billy Harper, Javon Jackson, Charles Lloyd and David Murray
* Vibraphonists: Bobby Hutcherson, Stefon Harris and Joe Locke
* Vocalists: Kurt Elling, Roseanna Vitro, Gretchen Parlato and Carmen Lundy
as well as some of the best Latin Jazz Groups in the business like Jerry Gonzalez and the Fort Apache Band and Hilton Ruiz
Upcoming Spring Jazz Dinner Concerts
Benny Golson Dinner Jazz Concert
Thursday, April 24th
6:00 - 10:00 pm
Jazz Legend, saxophonist and composer, Benny Golson returns to Mount Vernon Country Club on Thursday, April 24th. The 85 years young musician has made major contributions to Jazz over the years including the compositions, Killer Joe, I Remember Clifford, Along Came Betty, Stablemates, Whisper Not and Blues March. Benny has appeared or collaborated with just about every name in Jazz and popular music beginning with Benny Goodman, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie and Art Blakey to Quincy Jones, Diana Ross and Eric Burdon.
Film and TV have also been a major part of Golson's body of work including compositions for M*A*S*H*, Mission Impossible and the Cosby Show. Benny made a cameo appearance as himself in the 2004 Steven Spielberg film, The Terminal. Benny will be joined by a rhythm section of Denver's finest musicians. Make your reservations early to hear this National Endowment of the Arts Jazz Master and his incredible story.
As usual a delicious buffet dinner will precede the concert beginning at 6:00 pm. The concert will start at 8:00 pm. The price for dinner and concert is $49.95 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Concert only seating is available for $25.00.
If you would like to get on our email list of upcoming jazz events, scroll down and fill out the form below!